Monday, September 16, 2019

Pork Roast with Gravy & Apples in the Crock Pot

Hello! It's Monday already...

I hope you all had nice weekend! 

On Friday I mentioned wanting to use my crock pot this weekend and guess what? I did! I knew I had a busy day on Saturday (oil change, haircut, errands, etc.) and I thought it would be a perfect day to break out the crock pot!  I know I say this every year but this year I really mean it...I'm going to use it more!  I've been pinning crock pot recipes like crazy and hopefully I'll be trying a new one every week.  

I like crock pot recipes that are hearty, easy, and have very few ingredients.  That's the whole point, right? :)  On Saturday I chose this one for pork roast.  It makes it's own gravy which is very convenient.  I added the apples to the recipe because I feel nothing goes better with pork roast than apples.  Had I had onions in the house I probably would have thrown those in too!  I'll definitely do that next time.  




Here's how to make it...




You will need:

2 lb pork loin
1 can (low sodium) cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of pork gravy
1/2 cup water
2 apples
fresh ground pepper and garlic powder for seasoning
parsley for garnish 

Season the meat with ground pepper and garlic powder.  Put in the bottom of the crock pot.  Pour the soup, gravy packet, and water on top.  Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.  




Let the crock pot do all the work.  I let mine cook for 6 hours.  The longer you leave it, the more tender the meat will be.  About 1 hour before serving, slice your apples (leaving skin on) and place in the crock pot.  

*cooking the apples for 1 hour will make them soft but not mushy*




This felt like such a autumnal meal.  I love the smell of the apples bubbling away in the pork gravy! 




Season with a few shakes of dried parley.

Slice and serve over rice pilaf!  I also had broccoli and a green salad on the side.  

I was very pleased with how this came out and so was my family.  John loved the apples!  

And that's it!  Yaaaay for comfort food season!  I've already started thinking about my next crock recipe so stay tuned : )

Have a happy Monday everyone!  xo 


3 comments:

  1. I stopped in from Billie jo's blog... Pork and Apples are one of my favorites and this recipe sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.
    Going to make this SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Thank you so much for sharing! My kinda recipe! Good, easy, comfort food!
    Your Insta-friend,
    hotcoffee4lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete