Monday, September 9, 2019

Pumpkin Donuts (baked) ♥

With the weather being so beautiful and fall-like this past weekend I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and bake.  I had a can of canned pumpkin in the pantry that I was dying to crack open.  Rob was looking forward to watching football on Sunday and John had his cousin Anthony over to play (excuse me....now that's he's 12 it's called "hanging out"...: ). I've made that mistake before. Either way, it's still playing...am I right? 

Anyway, they were both occupied and I thought an afternoon treat might be in order.  My first thought was pumpkin bread but then I came across this easy recipe for pumpkin donuts!  My eyes glazed over.  Donuts it is! 




I have a donut pan that I got at Target a few years ago.  It makes making donuts very easy.  They are just like little cakes really.  Little cakes that are glazed and delicious!  

The recipe I used comes from Allrecipes.com.  I only altered it slightly.  I added a dash of cinnamon to the batter because I believe all fall baking should include an extra dash of cinnamon. And when I made the glaze I added a few drops of maple syrup for some added fall flavor.  I was very pleased how it all turned out! 




If you want your home to smell like autumn and you have a donut pan....here is the recipe. 
It's very easy and so worth it! 

2 cups all purpose flour 
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree 
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 butter, softened 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray your donut pan with non stick spray. 

Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, PP spice, salt, and baking soda until combined and there are no lumps. 

In a separate bowl beat pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and butter on low speed until combined.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet until batter is formed.  

Spoon into donut pan.  Bake 8-10 minutes, until donuts feel firm
(and spring back when you touch them).
*mine had to cook for about 11 minutes but that could be my oven.  just keep your eye on them* 


While they are baking you can make the glaze.  













For the glaze you will need:

1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tbs water
1 tsp vanilla extract 
a few drops of maple syrup 

Whisk all the ingredients together with a wire whisk.  

When the donuts come out of the oven let them cool for a few minutes and then remove from the pan.  
Dip warm donuts into the glaze and then place on a wire rack or baking sheet to allow the excess to drip off. 






After that it's open season...if you haven't nibbled already....which you probably have : ) 

These didn't even make it off the rack before they were scooped up by little hands.  




Enjoy with coffee, like I did or a cup of tea or glass of milk.  They are really yummy and definitely hit the spot.  I LOVE the taste of pumpkin and I can promise you'll be seeing a lot more pumpkin recipes on this blog in the coming weeks.  



Do you love pumpkin as much as I do??? 

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!  Thank you for stopping by today! 

xoxox 



3 comments:

  1. Your timing is great because I am in the mood for pumpkin donuts...pumpkin everything and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!
    Pulling out the donut pan and the pumpkin!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete