Monday, April 13, 2020

Happy Easter! ♥



Good morning friends! 

As I write this post I am sitting at my kitchen table, drinking coffee, listening to the rain pouring down.  It's a stormy and dark day, which is OK by me because I have no plans to go anywhere anyway : )  Stormy days make staying inside more cozy.  No walk today.  That's OK.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a sunny day.

Yesterday we celebrated Easter.  It was definitely one of the most relaxed holidays we ever had.  But since my family celebrated Christmas in February nothing surprises me anymore. We spent it just us of course, dressed in our comfiest clothes, eating on our own schedule, and snacking and napping at our leisure : ) 

 I made a ham dinner for us and my mother in law was kind enough to pack us a goodie basket filled with all our traditional Easter foods that we would have had if we were able to be together.  Having that food made it feel more like Easter, which has always been a very big celebration in our family (certainly the biggest food wise!).  We watched the Cardinal say mass from Holy Cross Cathedral in Boston.  It was surreal seeing an empty church on Easter, but I was thankful we were able to watch it on tv. 




It's not a holiday without cinnamon rolls 




The church looks so beautiful.  I've never been to this church and now I really want to see it in person.  I'll always remember watching this mass on TV. 




I planned a later dinner so we could take our time (lounging) all day.  I'm glad I planned it that way.  I made myself an egg salad sandwich for lunch around 2:00 and it was delicious.  




Followed by tea time and a nap 




 Here is the basket from my mother in law.  We had lasagna and all our traditional favorites like ricotta pie and pinga bread.  It was all so delicious! 




The Easter bunny came for John and brought him candy and an Amazon gift card.  He's happy picking out his out treats these days, which will probably be blue rays, posters, or Funko pops.  

For the first time in forever we didn't color eggs!  I guess I waited too long and could not get the egg coloring kit.  John didn't seem phased. (I was definitely more disappointed than him :)  To make up for it I decided to try my hand at this bunny cake.  My friends inspired me to give it a try and just like that a new tradition was born!!  




After dinner John and I went for a walk around the neighborhood.  All spring flowers are blooming which made us smile. 

We had a nice day and are so very grateful to be together during this scary time in our world.  I'm grateful to have my parents with me when I know so many are missing their loved ones.  Thank goodness for technology so people can communicate.  

I hope you all had a blessed day, my friends!  

Sending good vibes this week!  Hang in there!  

Danielle xo 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lovely day! Your Easter bunny cake is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Sweet Friend!
    I love your Easter.
    Perfect.
    How awesome that you received that basket of suprises!
    We didn't color eggs either.
    But I did take a long nap!
    Hugs and love and miss you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be careful of the ATM comment. Sounds like a scam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. email: visacreditcardsolution@gmail.comGET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE*
    **We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers
    worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000
    spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.**

    **WHAT WE OFFER**

    *1)WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS/MONEY GRAM TRANSFER*
    *2)BANKS LOGINS*
    *3)BANKS TRANSFERS*
    *4)CRYPTO CURRENCY MINNING*
    *5)BUYING OF GIFT CARDS*
    *6)LOADING OF ACCOUNTS*
    *7)WALMART TRANSFERS*
    *8)BITCOIN INVESTMENTS*
    *9)REMOVING OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD*
    *10)BANK HACKING*

    ReplyDelete