Monday, May 10, 2021

City Walk ♥

It's not often that I venture out of my little suburb and head into Boston, but a few times a year I do get the urge.  Boston is only about 20 minutes from where I live, but with traffic sometimes it can seem like an eternity.  The way around this is to go early on a Sunday morning.  The springtime is the best time to visit because the weather is perfect and all the flowers are in bloom. 

Rob knows my favorite spot.  Right here in the public gardens.  




We took a ride in yesterday morning for a coffee and a stroll.  It was very lovely.  

I always say if I lived in the city I would visit here all the time.  

There are so many locals, spreading out blankets, and having picnics.   

There is always music coming from somewhere too.  



The famous Swan Boats were up and running! I think they opened yesterday for the summer season.  When I was in elementary school we would come here on field trips.  It was so much fun! 

We didn't go on the boats yesterday, but I stood on the bridge and took looks of pictures.  

*check out my Instagram stories if you want to see more of that : ) 




It was nice to be outside, roaming, and admiring all the pretty flowers, statues, and monuments. 



Our city is full of charm & history.  

You can actually feel it when you are here  







We were lucky enough to find street parking but we still had to walk a bit.  




The awning across the street there is the famous Cheers bar (from the TV show).  
We stopped in and visited the gift shop.  
We do this every time.

It's fun being tourists in your own city : ) 




I'm always fascinated by these brownstone type apartments like you see on TV.  I wish I knew someone who lived in one so I could check out the inside : ) 
 
I'm definitely more of a country girl and could never live the city life, however I do like to visit from time to time.  

We got a coffee, bread, and pastries from a North End bakery (which is the Italian section of the city!) to take home.  

That was worth the trip all by itself. 




So that was my morning yesterday.  

Thanks for coming along on this walk with me! 

How about you? Do you prefer city life or are you a suburbs person like me?  Or do you love both?! 

I hope you all had a nice weekend and a happy Mother's Day too! 

Have a great day friends! xoxo 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was the most perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day!
    So happy for you!
    We will have to make the trip up sometime!

    ReplyDelete