Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Strawberry Cobbler

Hello friends!  

I hope this week is finding you well!  The weather is beautiful here in my part of the world today.  All the lilacs are blooming and there is a perfume in the air.  Most people love it, but not if you're my son who is suffering horribly with allergies!  He's not a lover of spring because of that.  He actually went on a full I Hate Spring rant last night as he was sneezing and rubbing his itchy, watery eyes!  I'm sure some of you can relate.  Thank goodness for over the counter allergy relief! 
 
Anywaaaay.... moving on to something a little more pleasant.... 
 
I made a cobbler! and it was good! 



If I were to ever write a cookbook (and I've thought about it : ) I would want it filled with recipes that are easy to make, take very few ingredients, and come together in a snap. This recipe fit all those categories.  Not only that,  I used frozen strawberries. Yes I did! I had them in my freezer because I was planning to make a strawberry sauce (I'll do that soon!) but instead I decided on this cobbler.  I noticed no difference using the frozen ones.  In fact, I think they were slightly sweeter!  

Yup. I'm a fan  




In my house we are fans of cobblers & crisps.  I think I've tried them with every fruit imaginable! That's the beauty...they work with anything.  Just use what's in season.  
Or if you're like me, use what's in your freezer : ) 

We love strawberries but I rarely bake with them.  
Now that I've made this cobbler that will definitely change  

The recipe came together very quickly and was in fact, very yummy!  

 

Recipe courtesy of The Bitter Side of Sweet  (another winner from Pinterest! Yay!) 

Here you go if you want to give it a try! 

*Use Fresh or Frozen (unthawed) Strawberries* 




For the strawberries: 

2 cups fresh of frozen strawberries, cut in half
1/4 cup sugar

Toss in a bowl.  Set aside. 


For the crust:

3/4 cup flour 
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 sugar
3/4 cup milk

Add to a small bowl.  Whisk together.  

Prepare baking dish:

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray.  

Melt 4 tbls unsalted butter in the microwave.  

Pour into the baking dish. 

Now pour the flour mixture into the baking dish over the butter.

Place strawberries in an even layer over the flour mixture.  Do NOT stir. 

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and strawberries are bubbling  

Enjoy! 









We had ours slightly warm and it was insanely good! The next morning I had some - ice cold - straight from the fridge! Also yummy! 

Don't you just love a "dessert" that is acceptable for breakfast? Me too!  

I hope if you need a pick me up you'll try this cobbler and enjoy it.  I promise it will make you smile, even if you are a sniffley mess due to allergies.  Worked in my house...wink, wink!  

Have a great day friends! xo 

2 comments:

  1. Looks sooooo good! When I get to Pennsylvania and see the fresh strawberries I’ll be making this!
    Thank you!
    ~Nancy ( nance_endless_summer )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strawberry cobbler looks delicious!

    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete