Monday, January 11, 2016

Banana French Toast in a Mug...♥

Good Monday Morning!
 
I hope your week is off to a great start.  It's very cold here so to warm up I thought I would share with you this recipe for French Toast for one! Looking to treat yourself? Well, here you go! I heard about this recipe on one of my favorite podcasts Meal Makeover Moms.  Janice and Liz are the best and taking everyday recipes and making them over into healthier versions.  They also have some great shortcuts - like this one.  If you want a hot breakfast and don't have the time (or desire) to take out the frying pan, then this is for you.  It's so easy.  I made it twice this past weekend. 
 
French Toast in a mug.....who knew?
 
 
 
 
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 slice bread, cut in 1/2 pieces (the recipe called for wheat bread - I used Italian bread)
a few pinches cinnamon
1/4 blueberries or sliced bananas (optional)
 
 
 
 
Spray the inside of a microwave safe 12 oz. mug with cooking spray.
 
Place egg, banana, and milk in a bowl and whisk until well combined.  Stir in the bread and cinnamon until the bread is covered with the liquid and then transfer the mixture to the mug. 
 
 
 
 
Microwave until the egg is cooked through, about 90 seconds.  If the egg is set, remove from microwave. If not, cook another 20 - 30 seconds (in 10 second increments).  Keep a watchful eye on the mug.  If you see the French toast rising stop the microwave.  You don't want a mess : )
 
 
 
 
Remove and top with optional topping - blueberries, bananas, or anything you like. 
I added some maple syrup. 
 
 
 
 
 
I couldn't believe how quick and easy this was.  Totally satisfying and a great way to start the day ♥ 
 
Happy Monday my friends!
 
xoxox

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, Danielle! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I love recipes that are very quick and this one really is. And it's tasty too! It warms you on a cold morning! Stay cozy, my friend! ♥

      Delete
  2. This looks great, Danielle! Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. I hope to try it soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love it! It's so quick and delicious! Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a lovely treat and so easy to make, too! I have to try making this one of these days. Thanks for sharing the recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete