Saturday, January 9, 2016

January Photo Challenge Day 9: Routine ♥


 
 
Day 9 is Routine.  Every Saturday John and I do two things.  I take him to drum lessons (which isn't as horrific as it sounds!) and then we go to the library.  It's a nice little routine for us.  He gets cookies from the vending machine and I secretly wish I was librarian.
 
I'm so happy that libraries still exist.  I mean, think about it.  We are being allowed to borrow books, movies, CD's....all for free! Nothing is free anymore. It's a wonderful thing. 
 
I've always had a love for libraries.  I enjoy the quite atmosphere the most.  And the feeling I get being around all the book.  So many choices! There's something for my every mood, my every desire, my every need.  The library I go to also has a place where local artists can display their art. And in the summer they have music concerts as well. There's always something going on.
 
Back in the day, the library was my Internet.  It's where I went whenever I needed information.  I remember writing papers here, studying for tests, and looking up books in the card catalog. It's hard to imagine a time when we didn't have the world at our fingertips....a click away.  
 
Sometimes on rainy days I go just to browse around.  I've found some great books just scanning the shelves. 
 
Saturday library days will hopefully be in my routine for a long, long time ♥
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love libraries!
    In college, it was my home away from home.
    Such a nice routine fir you and your son. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Billie Jo! I think so too! Hopefully it will stick with him forever ♥

    ReplyDelete