Monday, November 2, 2020

How was your Halloween? ♥

Good Morning Friends! 

I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!  

We spent a quiet evening at home Halloween night.  It was cold and frosty and felt more like January than October.  We didn't see one trick or treater....not that we expected too.  I made some festive food and we watched Shutter Island, starring a very creepy Leo DiCaprio which I loved move than I thought I would.  It was John's first Halloween not trick or treating which made us a bit sad, but we made the best of it and it was certainly a Halloween we'll never forget.  


A cozy fire set the tone for the weekend.




So did leisurely lazy egg breakfasts in front of the TV...




John carved his pumpkin while we watched Charlie Brown.  
A tradition that can't be broken (no matter what age : ) 










 Mummy dogs and turkey chili were on the menu.




And a store bought Pepperidge Farm cake with Milano cookies that I transformed into a graveyard. 







Hot chocolate and a movie to end the evening 



Before bed I remembered to step outside and catch a glimpse of the full moon which was shining bright right above me : ) 

She was beautiful.  I'm glad I didn't miss it 




And just like that another Halloween in the books and it's November. 

I'm welcoming the month with a calm appreciation of the season and what's to come.

Have a great day everyone! 

 xo 



1 comment:

  1. Looks perfect. Kids grow, and celebrations change. But it's good in a new way. And you made the most of it! Mummy dogs here too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete